From the North Sea and Baltic Sea to Lake Constance: discover varied landscapes and beautiful swimming opportunities.
Germany offers many beautiful and natural bathing lakes in a unique natural landscape. Numerous bathing places at rivers and lakes invite you to wild swim and relax. On our Germany map a little further down below you will get a practical overview to discover the most beautiful lake for you. From quarry ponds and reservoirs to mountain lakes, all types of inland lakes are represented.
You're out and about right now in Germany wondering "Where can I find a swimming lake near me? " Now discover your favorite nearby lake with the area search that meets your requirements. No matter whether it is particularly beautiful, large or secluded and quiet.
You love sandy beaches and want to go nudist bathing? Or you do not have your own car and want to reach the reach the beach by public transport? No problem! Use the comfortable filter search and rediscover your surroundings.
Discover Bathing places in the individual regions:Baden-Württemberg 586Bavaria 645Berlin 60Brandenburg 297Bremen 25Hamburg 33Hesse 253Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 261Lower Saxony 473North Rhine-Westphalia 429Rhineland-Palatinate 223Saarland 36Saxony 138Saxony-Anhalt 117Schleswig-Holstein 381Thuringia 77
Little facts about Germany
Average water quality in Germany*
*Water quality is based on the annual report of the European Environment Agency EEA.
Swimming lakes Germany with dog - Where are dogs allowed?
Germany offers many beautiful swimming lakes, which are also accessible for you and your dog. Spend a relaxing day outdoors and let your dog splash in the cool water. Some bathing lakes have special areas for dogs where they can swim undisturbed. However, it is important to know the rules of each bathing lake before you go there, as some bathing places may have may have restrictions for dogs. Don't forget to keep your dog on a leash if he is not allowed to swim and make sure you keep the area clean by disposing of waste immediately. immediately. Also, make sure your dog is not too noisy and does not disturb other visitors. other visitors. Spend an unforgettable day with your dog at a swimming lake in Germany!
Swimming lakes in Germany with dog.
Bathing lakes Germany with child - Child friendly bathing lakes
Child-friendly bathing lakes are characterized by a child-friendly infrastructure, such as playgrounds, Toilets, lifeguards and many more. Find a bathing lake that has a child-friendly atmosphere and enjoy the cool water, the sun and nature. Don't forget to bring enough sunscreen, snacks and drinks to make the day as pleasant as possible. A visit to a swimming lake in Germany is a great way to spend time with your kids and create new memories.
Swimming lakes in Germany with child.
Bathing lakes Germany with toilet
Swimming lakes in Germany often offer well-equipped infrastructure, including toilets. You can a refreshing and comfortable day outdoors without worrying about the lack of sanitary facilities. facilities. However, make sure in advance whether the desired bathing lake has toilets.
Nudist bathing lakes in Germany
Germany offers a selection of bathing lakes, which are also suitable for naturism (FKK). You can take off your clothes and refresh yourself in complete freedom in the water. However, it is important the rules of each bathing lake carefully, as some bathing places may have restrictions. have. Make sure you are respectful of other bathers and that you keep the environment clean. clean.
Nudist swimming lakes Germany.
Free bathing lakes in Germany - bathing pleasure without entrance fee
Germany offers many great ways to enjoy the summer, even without paying an entrance fee. pay. There are many free swimming lakes where you can enjoy the sun, water and nature without paying an entrance fee. nature without paying an entrance fee. Spend a relaxing day outdoors and enjoy the cool water without having to dig deep into your pocket. without having to dig deep into your pocket.
Bathing lakes Germany with public transport
Germany also offers bathing possibilities, which can be reached comfortably with public transport for example, bus, streetcar or S-Bahn. Spend a refreshing day outdoors, without having to without having to worry about traffic and parking. So you can fully concentrate on the concentrate on the pleasure of swimming.
Bathing lakes Germany with public transport.
Lakes in Germanyzum walking and cycling
The beautiful bathing lakes in Germany can also be explored by walking, biking or cycling. bike tour. Spend a refreshing day outdoors and enjoy nature. Whether you prefer to along the shore or on a bicycle, the bathing lakes in Germany are a real insider tip for nature lovers.
"Water is a friendly element to him who is acquainted with it and knows how to treat it."
to swimming lakes in Germany
- What kind of lakes are there in Germany?
In Germany there are many natural lakes, quarry lakes, reservoirs, and isolated mountain lakes that are suitable for natural swimming. Popular and well-known lakes are:
- Wannsee (Berlin)
- Bleilochtalsperre (Thuringia)
- Lake Constance (Baden-Wuerttemberg)
- Chiemsee (Bavaria)
- What is the deepest lake in Germany?
The deepest lake in Germany is Lake Constance with 251 m. Other deep lakes are:
- Walchensee: 190 m
- Königssee: 190 m
- Lake Starnberg: 127.7 m
- What is the largest German lake?
The largest lake in Germany in terms of area is Lake Constance with 536 km². It is followed by the Müritz with 112.60 km².
- Which reservoir in Germany is the largest?
The Foggensee reservoir in the Bavarian Allgäu is the largest reservoir in Germany with an area of 15.2 km².
- What is the name of the large lake in the south of Germany?
The large lake in the south of Germany is Lake Constance.
- Is Lake Constance an inland lake?
Lake Constance is an inland lake in Baden-Württemberg.
- What is the smallest lake in Germany?
With an area of about 1.3 km², the "Titisee" in the Black Forest is probably the smallest lake in Germany.
- What are the warmest swimming lakes in Germany?
Germany's warmest swimming lake is Steinsee near Munich in Upper Bavaria. With a water temperature of 23 to 26 degrees in summer, however, it is somewhat colder than Austria's warmest lake, Lake Klopein, which can reach up to 29 degrees Celsius.
- Which is the most popular lake in Germany?
Among the most popular, best and most beautiful lakes in Germany are definitely the following bathing lakes:
- Lake Constance
- Bleiloch dam
- What is the largest state in Germany?
With an area of 70,542 km², Bavaria is the largest state in Germany.
- What lakes are there in Germany?
- Germany is rich in lakes that offer a variety of recreational activities. Popular swimming lakes include Lake Constance, Lake Müggelsee, Lake Chiemsee, Lake Königssee and Lake Plön. They are a popular destination for tourists and offer a variety of recreational opportunities, such as swimming, boating, fishing and hiking.
- Is Germany a good place to spend a vacation?
- Yes, you can have a good vacation in Germany. There are many different landscapes and sights to explore. There are also many ways to relax and unwind.
- Is Germany known for its swimming lakes?
- Yes, Germany is known for its stunning swimming lakes. They are usually clean and offer a variety of activities such as swimming, sailing, fishing and much more. Many lakes are also equipped with beaches and campsites, so you can spend a relaxing day at the lake.
- What excursion destinations are nearby?
- In Germany there are many other destinations near swimming lakes. For example, you can go hiking, biking, climbing, sailing, fishing, horseback riding or kayaking. Cultural and amusement parks, castles, palaces and museums are also worth a visit.